Beyoncé’s iconic pregnancy announcement sent the world into a spin when it was posted to Instagram on February 2, so it’s no great surprise that the snap has just been named as the most ‘liked’ image of 2017.
The image of Queen Bey celebrating her unborn twins was a visual feast of opulence and attracted a whopping 11.1 million likes pipping the next most popular, Cristiano Ronaldo’s birth announcement, to the top spot by a comfortable lead of 126,000 likes.
Bey also scored the third most-liked post of the year with the only official photo of her newborn twins.
Babies ruled the Insta-likes this year, with four of the top five posts being bub-related snaps – and three of them featuring twins no less.
Selena Gomez, the star with the most followers on Instagram (131 million and counting) took out five of the top ten most-liked photos of the year.
1. Beyoncé’s twin pregnancy announcement – 11,196,857 likes
2. Cristiano Ronaldo announces daughter’s birth – 11,070,370 likes
3. First look at Beyoncé’s twins – 10,277,738 likes
4. Selena Gomez’s kidney transplant – 10,362,739 likes
5. Cristiano Ronaldo’s twins – 8,258,370 likes